Friday, March 30, 2007

monday is ok

Today was the day I wanted to make a decision about my future. I have received a "conditional offer" from a research institution whose identity is as yet mostly unrevealed to the world at large. Conditional in this context means I have to fill in a few forms declaring my legal eligibility to work in the UK and my mental fitness to do so. In case you were wondering, I'll wisely keep the doubts about point two to myself.

I went home early from work so I could call future boss for one last inquiry about contract details. (Inquiry with stress on the first syllable and i's as in ink and not stress on the second i sounding like eye, obviously.) I missed the better part of a bash celebrating a colleague's latest publication and got soaked in cold rain trying to make it home before future boss leaves office. Though time was on my side, one hour of it, boss was gone when I called.

What can I do? Over the years, I have come to be known as an inveterate procrastinator. Now even fate cannot ignore this. Monday will be a fine day to call future boss, I guess. I'll make sure to take my headset to lab so I can use skype and obviate the no-international-calls restriction.

No comments: