Sunday, May 13, 2007

beauty

A short sign of life after this two-week hiatus. I wasn't sick but away from the job and computers, thankfully. Low-cost airlines took me to Berlin, Barcelona, and then Rome. How lovely it was. Three very different cities.

Berlin is everything one can imaging, touristic sights and neighborhood parks with chaste Turkish families pick-nicking next to nude sun bathers.

Barcelona is a party town for the 20 to 30-year old, and maybe a bit beyond – I had fun too. It is also surprisingly clean for the amount of partying that goes on and has a stunning seaside with beaches, cafes, joggers, and inviting water. I hopped in twice.

The highlight of the trip was Rome. What a beautiful city! What better place for an evening stroll than the dilapidated lanes of Trastevere? I was so sad when I got back to my apartment that really doesn't correspond to my ideas of beauty or nice living. In two months I'll go to London, and I'll try to upgrade.

2 comments:

Albert said...

No comments about the people in Barcelona?;)

Andreas Förster said...

Well, Albert, if you're lucky enough to travel in such enchanting company as I was, it's hard to put your eyes or your mind anywhere else ;-)

You made our stay much better than it would have otherwise been, with the beach, the dinners, the club, the sausage. Thanks for this!