Thursday, February 02, 2006

poser friends

The other day Gianpiero left the lab to go back to Italy where his wive and a very uncertain future were waiting for him. He unloaded heaps of pasta on me, we went for pizza and sangria after that, and the next morning he took off in his boxy Fiat.

Today in the lab I found more goodies that he had left for me. Cans of beans, a few bottles of wine, tea, and other victuals. I am not happy because a good friend has just left.

"Only posers die" is what Stevo sobbed after Heroin Bob had died of an overdose. I am thinking "only poser friends leave", and I feel a little bit like Stevo myself. But I know that I have also left plenty of friends behind in my endless peregrinations. The world is a village, and that's not always a good thing.

No comments: